In this business, trust is everything. So, what can you do to ensure that you are gaining trust within our industry? For starters, you have to gain something called “social proof.” According to Hootesuite, “social proof is a psychological phenomenon referring to people’s reliance on the feedback and actions of others to determine what is right and what is wrong in a given situation…the rise of social media has enhanced the importance of social proof because feedback from real people is more easily accessible than ever before. As a result, entrepreneurs and small business owners are realizing it’s an important part of their overall social presence.” As a Real Estate Professional, you, too, should understand that your overall social presence and social proof are of utmost importance.
So, Why you should care about Social Proof?
In a survey done by Search Engine Land, 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations before making a buying decision. As our lives involve more and more technology, it is important that we establish social proof online as well as in-person as a way of building our personal brand and business. People are reading others’ opinions online and making decisions based on that posted information. Think about the last time you purchased a product off of the internet. Did you look for reviews from other customers? How about the last time you tried a new restaurant? Did you open your Yelp app? Having personal colleagues and friends that endorse you is important, but so is having and maintaining an online presence of professional colleagues and collected reviews.
How Can REALLY™ Work To Build Social Proof?
As a Real Estate Professional, a network like REALLY™ can do so much for you in terms of building your social proof with other professionals in the industry. Because we maintain a verified network of vetted Real Estate Professionals that post their sales figures and collect reviews from other agents, brokers, and team leaders, you can be assured of whom you are interacting with.
Our members verify our memvers! REALLY™ provides tools to assist its members in governing themselves. With enough red flags built into the system, we can identify bad actors who are not actual Agents or Brokers or those posting misinformation. We are serious about Real Estate Professionals only and work diligently to maintain our network. Because we do this, our network is one of the fastest growing and trusted Real Estate Professional communities in existence.. Our app allows you to establish trust with potential referrals from other agents; and by extension, buyers and sellers even before you meet them.
What are some ways to Build Social Proof Within the REALLY™ app?
- Connect with other Agents. Make connections with other Real Estate Professionals on our platform. Search a fellow Agent, Broker, or Team Leader and select “Connect” or simply add members suggested under “Get Connected” on your Search home screen.
- Invite colleagues to join. Invite contacts from your phone to join REALLY™.
- Post Your Sales Volume Numbers. Take a photo of a print-out of your most recent 12 months of sales volume. We don’t just take a Member’s sales volume report and accept it as truth; we have REALLY AI (Artificial Intelligence) scan the document to determine its authenticity.
- Post in the Community Section. One of the best ways to make a connection is to put a question out there. Ask a question of our qualified, fellow Real Estate Professionals.
- Answer Questions in the Community Section. On the same note, answering another professional’s question honestly and thoughtfully is a wonderful way to build social trust.
- Post Reviews. Our members have the ability to review other members. This is at the heart of social proof — the ability to give your opinion about a service or product that is provided. Writing or receiving a review is one of the strongest ways to build social proof on our app.
So, what’s in a name? Pretty much everything. Be sure to build and maintain your online presence to establish social proof. Having social proof will allow you to grow your career even further; harness the power of the REALLY™ app and build your potential referral network today.